Duggan Veterinary Supplies Limited (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Irish Data Protection Act 1998 and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003 (the Act), the data controller is Duggan Veterinary Veterinary Supplies
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.dugganvet.ie (our Website). This includes information provided at the time of completing our Online Enquiry Form, subscribing to our e-Newsletter service or submitting a job application using our Online Application Form. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data] and the resources that you access.
IP addresses & cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To review any job applications you submit on our Website and assess your suitability for such job vacancies.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any employee of Duggan Veterinary.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Copyright and database rights
All content included on the Web Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Duggan Veterinary and its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by Republic of Ireland and international copyright and database right laws. The compilation of all content on this Web Site is the exclusive property of Duggan Veterinary and its affiliates and is protected by Republic of Ireland and international copyright and database right laws. All software used on the Web Site is the property of Duggan Veterinary and its affiliates and suppliers and is protected by Republic of Ireland and international copyright laws.
You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the Web Site without Duggan Veterinary’s express prior written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation any substantial part of this Web site, without Duggan Veterinary’s express written consent. You also may not create and/or publish any database which features substantial parts of the Web Site (e.g. product listings) without Duggan Veterinary’s express prior written consent.