Thurles, Co. Tipperary
Primary responsibility will be assisting in the coordinating of all CPD activities for DVS in their new premises in Thurles. This includes marketing and promotion of planned courses, organise bookings and logistics, and managing the on-site activities during course delivery.
Key Functions & Activities:
- CPD Courses –
- Prepare Wetlab prior to course
- Prepare Cadavers prior courses – defrost and clip cadavers
- Help out on day of course with speakers and delegates
- Clean up wetlab after each course
- Organise bookings with delegates and update and monitor CPD website
- Report to CPD manager on upcoming courses, preparation and organization of onsite and online CPD.
- Complete course approval forms in order to gain VCI accreditation.
- Market courses on FB, Online Portal, Mail Chimp, etc
- Organise list of equipment required and maintenance and organization of the clinical skills lab and clean room.
- Print notes for delegates if available and prepare delegate bags and information prior to the event.
- Other responsibilities as required :
- Assist in logistical arrangement around local, national and international conferences.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the DVS companion animal product range
- Due to the changing nature of the business requirements, the role may change from time to time. Should this occur, your Supervisor will go through those changes at that time
- Any other reasonable request from your manager
- Provide back up where necessary to customer service department handling customer product queries.
- RVN or background in Veterinary Nursing.
- Previous experience working in a support role within a distribution business and/or experience of working in the veterinary sector.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Effective administration and organisation skills
- Good computing skills, including some experience of using ERP (Herbst) systems, Excel and databases
- Good organisation skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Energetic, motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and customer service
- Strong team player
- Is committed to building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understands client needs and delivers timely response to ensure their needs are met
Anticipating & Adapting to Change:
- Has a positive attitude to change and willingly identifies and embraces new plans for the business
Imagination, Innovation & Creativity:
- Embraces innovation and creativity within the Company
- Displays fresh and forward-thinking approach
- Demonstrates ability to communicate verbal information clearly and concisely and actively participates in relevant meetings
Learning and Development:
- Is open to giving and receiving constructive feedback from colleagues and others as appropriate
- Demonstrates a commitment to develop oneself in line with business needs
- CPD will involve some evening, early morning and weekend work and applicants must be available to work outside the normal 9 – 5.30pm working hours on occasion.
- CPD planning and preparation happens months and sometime a year in advance to ensure the smooth running and adequate preparation of equipment in order to carry out the course so applicants must be organised and efficient in time management.
CPD often branches out into other areas including marketing, promoting CPD online and in person and applicants need to be able to adapt and multi task during their work day.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “cpd coordinator” in the subject line.