Large Animal Area Sales Manager
Field Based – South East / Midlands
This role involves key account management of a number of Corporate Accounts and Buying Groups within the veterinary market and working to continue to develop the Company’s reputation in the marketplace. It also involves responsibility for maintaining and generating sales of defined product groups amongst existing individual Veterinary Practices within the designated sales territory.
Key Functions & Activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts and new potential customers
- Work and engage closely with key veterinary buying groups, supporting and developing the overall business in key product areas.
- Develop and achieve agreed sales targets within a supportive environment
- Call on an existing client list of veterinary practices and other relevant customers at an agreed frequency throughout the year.
- Promote an existing range of veterinary medicines and instruments to all accounts
- Build annual business plan to assist in achievement of agreed targets and review and amend as necessary throughout the year
- Introduction and distribution of new products and services throughout your territory
- Explore opportunities to grow existing business
- Identify and resolve client concerns, resolve queries and provide sound advice
- Develop ways of offering increased value and service to all clients to further build the Company’s reputation and brand.
- Submit details of sales, market and competitor information, and client activity in your area, on a weekly basis
- Plan and review territory activity using modern analytical techniques
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the DVS large animal product range
- Attend customer trade shows or other business development events as needed
- Encourage adoption and usage of customer ordering portal
- Assist in the operation of a well maintained credit control system where necessary
- Gather and share market information and intelligence to assist in development of overall company strategy and plan.
- Update company systems i.e CRM, Herbst, as required
- Work with procurement, finance, marketing and other departments as required to ensure smooth operation of all aspects of the business to help drive overall company growth and success
- Due to the changing nature of the business requirements, the role may change from time to time. Should this occur, your Manager will go through those changes at that time
- Any other reasonable request from your manager
- Previous, proven experience in business-to-business sales and developing business relationships – essential.
- Previous, proven experience in Key Account Management – preferred.
- Previous experience within the Irish Veterinary sector – desirable.
- Degree in life sciences including agricultural science, veterinary science or animal science – desirable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish, develop and maintain long-term customer relationships – essential.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work – essential.
- Good computing skills, including experience of using Microsoft Excel and databases – essential.
- Good organisation skills, strong self-motivation, initiative and self-starter, with great work ethic – essential.
- A professional appearance, providing a positive company image to the public – essential.
- Good decision-making skills – essential.
- Strong team player – essential.
- Current clean drivers’ licence – essential.
Competencies Required for this Role:
The post holder will demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Is committed to building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understands client needs and delivers timely response to ensure their needs are met
Anticipating & Adapting to Change
- Has a positive attitude to change and willingly identifies and embraces new plans for the business
Imagination, Innovation & Creativity
- Embraces innovation and creativity within the Company
- Displays fresh and forward-thinking approach
- Demonstrates ability to communicate verbal information clearly and concisely and actively participates in relevant meetings
Learning and Development
- Is open to giving and receiving constructive feedback from colleagues and others as appropriate
- Demonstrates a commitment to develop oneself in line with business needs
- Salary commensurate with experience and attitude
- Laptop provided
- Expenses covered
- 20 days annual leave and Birthday off
- Continuous professional development
- 12 monthly reviews with performance related rewards
- Hybrid role
- Networking opportunities
- Social occasions
- Monthly staff rewards
Please forward your CV to email@example.com, with “Area Sales Manager” in the subject line.
Closing date for receipt of applications is November 3oth and shortlisting may apply.